Sunday 1 January 2012

Award Winning Books Reading Challenge 2012

 


Having blogged about a selection of personal reading challenges for 2012 on my Library Quine blog a few days ago, I've now selected my challenge ... and it wasn't one of those named in the earlier post!


I've opted for the Award Winning Books Reading Challenge hosted by Gathering Books. I've chosen this challenge as it is something I've started to do already, albeit on a less structured footing. Last year I reviewed the short-listed picture books for the Roald Dahl Funny Prize 2011  (part 1, part 2 & part 3). I'm new to review writing, and it's something I want to improve on in 2012.




This challenge encompasses children's literature, including picture books, YA literature, as well as adult literature, "all welcome as long as they have received an award or recognition." I also intend to read and review more early readers and junior fiction generally.

There are four levels of participation:
  • Level 1 (10 books or less)Bronze Medal
  • Level 2 (11-25 books)Silver Medal
  • Level 3 (26-35 Books) - Gold Medal
  • Level 4 (over 35 books) - Platinum Award


At this stage I'm opting for level 2 level 4, for a silver medal platinum award. I don't want to be overly ambitious, as I've still to work on my CILIP Chartership.


Wish me luck!

Reviews:
The Jolly Christmas Postman, (1991) Janet and Allan Ahlberg, Kate Greenaway Medal

1 comment:

  1. Many thanks again for the updated links - that was truly helpful! I immediately updated the blogpost - so that others may also explore the links that you have provided. Looking forward to reading your book recommendations.

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips