Friday, 25 January 2013

Flannel Friday - Valentine Octopi (Guest Post from Miss Kristine)

I am delighted to have a guest post this week. My guest is Miss Kristine. She is the children's librarian and co-director of a small public library in Wisconsin. She told me that she can never decide if her favourite part of librarianship is the literature, the creativity or the people.


Over to you Miss Kristine:

"Valentines are such wonderful things.  Just imagine how many creatures express emotion.  Ask your little ones if they have ever seen a dog wag its tail happily, or snuggle in close during a thunderstorm.  Now have them imagine an unexpected animal celebrating a holiday.  Maybe we can travel deep into the ocean to see how an octopus might behave on Valentine’s Day.

What did the boy octopus say to the girl octopus on Valentine’s Day?
 
Valentine Octopi (Miss Kristine)


I want to hold your hand, hand, hand, hand, hand, hand, hand, hand.


These two critters have been in our library’s story time files for more than fifteen years.  They are fun to bring out for Valentine’s Day, but with a little twist to the joke, you can make them work for an ocean theme at any time of year."



Love it! [I hear The Beatles song in my head, with the needle stuck in just the right place]
Thanks for sharing this flannel from your library's archives Miss Kristine.




Check out Sarah's blog, Miss Sarah's Storytime, for this week's Flannel Friday roundup. 



Want to know more? Find out about Flannel Friday on the dedicated website. Features include past roundups, host schedule and how to participate.

Scan images and links to Flannel Friday posts on Pinterest.

Search for flannels and storytime ideas at Mel's Desk.

Discuss storytimes and flannel boards on the Flannel Friday Facebook Page.


I'm taking a turn at being the Flannel Friday Fairy Godmother (for January and February 2013) and you can contact me at flannelboardfriday [at] gmail [dot] com.






6 comments:

  1. I never thought about flannelizing a joke, but what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Kristine - thanks for being my guest this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristine,

    Your octopi couple are so darn cute! What a fun way to share a joke at storytime. :o)

    Welcome to Flannel Friday! Your first contribution is too fun!
    ~ K ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all. I can hardly take credit, these were in the files when I arrived in my library an eon or so ago. I'm glad you like them.

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips