Thursday 6 September 2012

Flannel Friday Roundup - 7th September 2012

Flannel Friday is a weekly online event for library storytime activity ideas, including flannel board activities, stories, songs and rhymes. Here are the flannel/felt creations, for this week, from this fantastic international group. This time around we even have some brilliant bi-lingual offerings for you.


 



Lisa (Libraryland) is our first poster this week with some lovely flannel fish stick puppets to use with Laurie Berkner’s Goldfish Song. I’ll certainly be asking her for the pattern!

Katie (Storytime Katie) has some cute little owl finger puppets which she uses with a variation on the rhyme “Two Little Blackbirds”. 

Sarah (Read, Sarah, Read) shows how she retells the classic book Dear Zoo by Rod Campbell - in 3D with soft toys, puppets, and a great looking box.  

Sarah (Read It Again) introduces us to her new puppet dragon, Sparky, and makes dragons the stars of a retelling of Eric Kimmel’s book I Took My Frog to the Library. 

Katie (Storytime Secrets) demonstrates how to bring some Math into storytime, by showing how the cookies can be shared, from the book The Doorbell Rang by Pat Hutchins.

Katie (Es Divertido Hablar Dos Idiomas) shares her bi-lingual flannel version of Are You My Mother?/ ¿Eres tu mi mamá? by P.D. Eastman together with printable PDF patterns.
As a bonus we have a SECOND flannel from Katie. It's a Mexican folktale called La Hormiguita / The Little Ant and Katie tells us that it is an easy story to use to incorporate some Spanish words into your storytime, even if you don't speak Spanish! Again she’s included a PDF template.

Lucy (In The Children’s Room) shows us her take on Fall is Not Easy by Marty Kelly. I hear what you’re saying about wheel-inventing – I think most of us have been there! 
 


Linda (Notes From the Story Room) has an original cut and tell story this week with the Mess Monster – her storytimers will never dare leave their rooms in a mess again!
Monica (Ram Sam Storytime) combines a flannel and a mouse puppet to tell the story in the book Lunch by Denise Fleming.

Danielle (A Bad Case of Books) shares her flannel poem, with an autumnal feel, with Five Little Leaves.

Tracey (1234 Storytimes) shows us her fun flannel based on the book Chameleon’s Colors by Chisato Tashiro.
 
What a great selection! Thank you for all your contributions.
 
If I've missed anyone, please let me know by commenting on this post.




Want to know more?

Find out about Flannel Friday on the dedicated website. Features include past roundups, host schedule and how to participate.

Scan images of Flannel Friday posts on Pinterest.

Search for flannels and storytime ideas at Mel's Desk.

Discuss storytimes and flannel boards on the Flannel Friday Facebook Page.



17 comments:

  1. http://lisaslibraryland.blogspot.com/2012/09/flannel-friday-goldfish-song.html

    Thanks LQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a speedy one, Lisa! Love those goldfish - I'm just checking through my flannel pile RIGHT NOW to see if I have enough of the right colour to make a set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine will post tonight at midnight (CDT) here : http://storytimekatie.com/2012/09/07/flannel-friday-owl-puppets/

    Thanks for hosting this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie, looking forward to seeing your owl puppets.

      Delete
  4. http://readsarahread.blogspot.com/2012/09/dear-zoo-in-3d.html

    Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This week there are Dragons in the Library! http://misssarahsstorytime.blogspot.com/2012/09/flannel-friday-i-took-my-dragon-to.html Thanks for hosting this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for hosting! Here's my flannelized version of The Doorbell Rang by Pat Hutchins. http://storytimesecrets.blogspot.com/2012/09/flannel-friday-doorbell-rang-by-pat.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks you Katie, Sarah Mc, Sarah and Katie (STS). I've snagged your links so they'll appear in the text of this post later today so long as my technology doesn't let me down!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Thanks for hosting this week. This is Katie from "Es Divertido Hablar Dos Idiomas." This week I am sharing my flannel version of Are You My Mother? which is also available as a Spanish story. Have a great weekend!

    http://bilingualchildrensprogramming.blogspot.com/2012/09/flannel-friday-eres-ttu-mi-mama.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Thanks for hosting this week.

    Here's a take on Fall is Not Easy
    http://inthechildrensroom.blogspot.com/2012/09/flannel-friday-fall-is-not-easy.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katie and Lucy I've grabbed your links and I'll be posting a Flannel Friday (Take One) in an hour or so. Everyone, keep your links coming, there'll be a Take Two later!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a cut and tell story this week:
    http://meusenotes.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-mess-monster-cut-and-tell.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, I love your cut and tell stories. thanks for sharing a new one with us. I'll include it in my final roundup.

      Delete
  12. The magic of food (and Denise Fleming's "Lunch" -- super easy flannel) can be found here : http://ramsamstorytime.blogspot.com/2012/09/lets-eat.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for this Monica. I'll include it in the next edition - in the small hours of Saturday morning Time for bed here).

      Delete
  13. This is Katie (Es Divertido Hablar Dos Idiomas) again. Because I have been out of the Flannel Friday loop for so long, I added a bonus post tonight. It's for a Mexican folktale called "La hormiguita / The Little Ant." Thanks!

    http://bilingualchildrensprogramming.blogspot.com/2012/09/flannel-friday-bonus-la-hormiguita.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. A big thank you to everyone who participated or who visited the Flannel Friday Roundup this week. My apologies if the text looked a little strange for a while - the Blogger iPad App removed some of the word spacing for me when I edited a small typo. I won't be doing that again (unless it's a major bloop)!

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips