Sunday 30 September 2012

Boggiesta - blog housekeeping time

Well, Bloggiesta is back again with Bloggiesta Ole! The Fall 2012 edition is happening from September 28th through to the 30th - and time is swiftly running out.



Bloggiesta is a 3-day blog-a-thon where participants endeavour to complete as many things on their to-do lists as they can. You can learn all about it from Suey at It’s All About Books and sign up to participate at Danielle's  There's a Book blog.


In Suey's words

"Bloggiesta is your chance to:
  • spiff up your blog
  • try something new on your blog, fix something, add something or delete something
  • catch up on reviews, Google Reader, email, or anything else that's out of control
  • work and party together with other bloggers
  • learn new things from blogging experts
  • join several mini challenges and win prizes [mini challenges are now closed] 
  • have fun for three days blogging and connecting with your blogging friends!"

To join in all you need to do is write a post about Bloggiesta and include your to-do list and link up your post.

As I've only one day in which to do it my to-do list is going to be pretty short.

  • Update the reading challenges page on my blog
  • Add an September update to the Award-Winning Books Challenge The September challenge was taken off line early, so waited until Monday to add an update to the October update.
  • Prepare an October update for the same Posted an October update, but as an alternative to, rather than in addition to, a September update.
  • Add a September update for the British Books Challenge 2012
  • Prepare an October update for the above. It is prepared - an update on butterfly books - but I'm having second thoughts about the value of spending time on the updates for this challenge.
  • Write up and schedule at least one of my outstanding draft posts on my Loons and Quines storytimes blog and one on my CPD blog, Library Quine FAIL!
  • and finally comment on the progress and success of at least two other Bloggiesta participants via #bloggiesta. Left comments at  Lit and Life and Jenny Elise.

Update: I made a major mistake with this Bloggiesta by not signing up for it a lot sooner. When I checked out the instructions over one week before the start, I found that all the mini-challenges were closed. I'll set a calendar notification to check up on this 8 weeks and 4 weeks before the start of the challenge next time (March 29th - 31st 2013 for the main challenge).
N.B. The Bloggiesta Challenge now has a dedicated site at Bloggiesta.com



Once completed I intend to take a Flannel Friday sabbatical for a few weeks and dedicate some time to writing up my CILIP Chartership Portfolio after a year of working on various professional development challenges. Then towards the end of the month I'll be taking what I hope will be the trip of a lifetime to Vietnam and Cambodia. Wish me luck!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips