Bloggiesta is a 3-day blog-a-thon where participants endeavour to complete as many things on their to-do lists as they can. You can learn all about it from Suey at It’s All About Books and sign up to participate at Danielle's There's a Book blog.
In Suey's words
"Bloggiesta is your chance to:
- spiff up your blog
- try something new on your blog, fix something, add something or delete something
- catch up on reviews, Google Reader, email, or anything else that's out of control
- work and party together with other bloggers
- learn new things from blogging experts
- join several mini challenges and win prizes [mini challenges are now closed]
- have fun for three days blogging and connecting with your blogging friends!"
To join in all you need to do is write a post about Bloggiesta and include your to-do list and link up your post.
As I've only one day in which to do it my to-do list is going to be pretty short.
Update the reading challenges page on my blog Add an September update to the Award-Winning Books ChallengeThe September challenge was taken off line early, so waited until Monday to add an update to the October update. Prepare an October update for the samePosted an October update, but as an alternative to, rather than in addition to, a September update. Add a September update for the British Books Challenge 2012 Prepare an October update for the above.It is prepared - an update on butterfly books - but I'm having second thoughts about the value of spending time on the updates for this challenge.
- Write up and schedule at least one of my outstanding draft posts on my Loons and Quines storytimes blog and one on my CPD blog, Library Quine FAIL!
and finally comment on the progress and success of at least two other Bloggiesta participants via #bloggiesta.Left comments at Lit and Life and Jenny Elise.
Update: I made a major mistake with this Bloggiesta by not signing up for it a lot sooner. When I checked out the instructions over one week before the start, I found that all the mini-challenges were closed. I'll set a calendar notification to check up on this 8 weeks and 4 weeks before the start of the challenge next time (March 29th - 31st 2013 for the main challenge).
N.B. The Bloggiesta Challenge now has a dedicated site at Bloggiesta.com
Once completed I intend to take a Flannel Friday sabbatical for a few weeks and dedicate some time to writing up my CILIP Chartership Portfolio after a year of working on various professional development challenges. Then towards the end of the month I'll be taking what I hope will be the trip of a lifetime to Vietnam and Cambodia. Wish me luck!