Saturday, 1 October 2011

Flannel Friday - Pete the Cat - I spent too long making these!

This was my first ever flannel, and I started it way back when I first discovered Flannel Friday.

I loved the book, Pete the Cat - I love my white shoes, and FELT that I had to do more than just read it and sing along! When I discovered several of the flannel friday folks had already made flannel of it, I had to try it for myself.  However, as a complete beginner, I made it way too complicated, and I didn't get it finished in time, so put the flannel idea to one side. It featured in an early blog post in an unfinished state and eventually got finished (the pictures are shown below).

I love all my shoes ...
... but I love my Red shoes best!
Meantime I'd introduced the book and song to all our visiting groups (Nursery classes, Storytimes, Rhymetimes and Rising 3's), and they all loved it too!

I would like to share with you a reading of the book I found which shows how much it has impressed another 'reader'.  I just wished we had the technology to offer to make videos like this in the library.





So, I've ended up with a set of overly elaborate shoes, and feel I need to do more activities with them to justify the time expended on them.  Can you help me out here, and suggest other activities to use them with?

The Flannel Friday Round up is at Rain Makes Applesauce this week. Thanks for the button Mel!

7 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous shoes. The details are wonderful. And I know it might seem like you spent a lot of time but: a) you can tell they're beautiful and b) you'll get a lot of use from them because they're so well made. In the mean time... think about a rhyme
    4 little converse sitting in a box...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful! I can definitely relate to spending way too much time on something. I like Sharon's idea to think of a rhyme to go with them, or you could make up a story inspired by Scat the Cat where the shoes change their own colors? Maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment -I'll put my rhyming hat on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous flannel shoes! I thought you'd bought them in a shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I enjoyed creating them, but they probably weren't worth the time taken.

      Delete
  5. You could use them to go with the Raffi song "Something in My Shoe"--just hide the items he lists behind the shoes and remove a shoe as hidden item is mentioned in the song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that's a fun song (I just listened to it on YouTube)!

      Delete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips